Sunday, October 26, 2008

Nokia 8800 - Time For A Review

After using the Nokia 8800 for a week, it is time for me to write a little review about my experience with Nokia 8800. ^^

What I think is good:

Firstly, I must admit that I am attracted to its simple and elegant design. It is luxury and indeed could be one of the new fashion phone icon.

The functions of the phone are user friendly (as like most of other Nokia phones do). The one touch menu button was easy to use and the menu is also easy to navigate. I also note that there will be an “explanation texts” pop up every time when you stay on the functional icons for around 15secs. This is very handy as it explains what the programmes/functions that I am going to select do.

The phone also comes with 4GB internal memory, which means there are enough spaces to store musics and pics. Moreover, the sound quality from the speaker is really clear and surrounded.

What I think is bad:
Although the phone was great in design as well as easy to use, there are few down sides. The main downside is the price tag that is set at AUD 2000 without contract. It is just too expensive for what it can offer. To be honest, you can get some other mobile phone with similar features at a lower price.

The camera is another downside, although it is a 3.2 megapixel camera and has a good zoom function but the quality of taken pics are not as good as it should be. The pics seem to be redish and not true colour (if you know what I mean^^)

When I played the video clip, I also have noticed that the phone could not keep up with its speed but this is only happened when I tried to do something else while the video was playing.

Another downside that is very minor but I would love to add is that the material is very prone to fingerprints! I personally do not like as it hides the elegant look of the phone.

Well, what can I say is that the phone is definitely great in design and would definitely be a great elegant piece to add to your hi-tech luxury life^^. But for people (including me) who are seeking to have lots of features and a good camera, this may not be the one.

Have a good night everyone.

No comments: